Zapier is a so-called interface service provider. This means that Zapier provides interfaces between different platforms. This means that Webinaris can be connected to all platforms that have an interface to Zapier themselves. These include among others:
- Agile CRM
- Google Contacts
- Google Drive
- Google Sheets
- And many more - a complete list can be found directly at Zapier (click here)
In principle, Webinaris provides the possibility to send the following participant data...
- First name
- Last name
- Webinar time
- Webinar date
- UNIX Timestampt of the showtime
- Webinar room URL
- Phone number
- Webinar ID
- Source ID
... at the following events...
- At registration
- Before webinar start
- After webinar start
- Before webinar end
- After webinar end
...for the following groups:
- Everyone currently online in the webinar room
- Everyone currently NOT online the webinar room
For the options "beofre / after webinar start / webinar end", you can also specify the following times for a more accurate setting:
- 1 minute
- 10 minutes
- 15 minutes
- 1 hour
- 3 hours
- 6 hours
- 1 day
- 2 days
- 3 days
- 7 days
For example, the data of all non-participants can be easily transferred 3 hours after the end of the webinar, in order to send an e-mail with an indication of further webinar showtimes, for example.
II) Setup at Webinaris
With the Zapier Universal Interface, you only need to create a Zapier plug-in in Webinaris and then add it to the interfaces of your webinar. Please proceed as follows:
1. open the menu "Plugins"
2. click on "New Plugin" above
3. click on the Zapier Plugin logo
4. enter the requested data:
- Name: An internal name of the plugin (e.g. "Zapier"). 5. click on "Save & Exit".
You can use the plugin you just created in any number of webinar projects.
6. click on "Close" in the upper right corner.
7. Open your webinar project and navigate to the menu "Communication".
8. open the submenu "Interfaces".
9. click on "+ New interface" on the right side
10. select from the list the plugin you have just created
11. click on the "Save" button in the upper right corner
III) Installation at Zapier
You make all settings for the Zapier interface directly in Zapier. To do this, please proceed as follows:
1. log in to your Zapier account
2. please open this link to be able to connect Webinaris to another platform: https://zapier.com/developer/invite/82056/9e71c5f32485c904649330cfdff43b35/
3. click on the button "Accept Invite & Build a Zap".
4. click on the button "Create this Zap".
5. select the option "Standard Event" and click on "Save + Continue".
6. click on the "Connect Account" button
7. enter the Encrypted Key of your Webinaris account under "Encrypted Key"
You can find it in Webinaris by clicking on your name in the upper right corner and opening the menu "Account"
8. click on the button "Yes, Continue".
You have now created your Webinaris account in Zapier. Now you can use it as often as you like for connections and do not have to create it again.
9. click on the button "Save + Continue".
10. for "Webinaris Project", select for which of your webinar projects you want to set up a data transfer.
11. select at "Option", when you want to transfer the data from Webinaris.
The following options are available for this purpose:
||Soft bei der Registrierung
|Before webinar start
||Eine bestimmte Zeit, bevor das Webinar beginnt
|After webinar start
||Eine bestimmte Zeit, nachdem das Webinar begonnen hat
|Before webinar end
||Eine bestimmte Zeit, bevor das Webinar endet
|After webinar end
||Eine bestimmte Zeit, nachdem das Webinar geendet hat
12. select at "Time" when exactly the data should be transferred from Webinaris
You can choose from the following options:
13. select at "Group" for whom the data should be transferred
You can choose from the following options:
|Only those currently online
||Nur jene, die gerade im Webinarraum online sind
|Only those currently offline
||Nur jene, die gerade im Webinarraum NICHT online sind
- With the option "At registration" the group "All" must be selected.
- With the option "At registration" the "Time" has no influence.
14. click on the button "Fetch & Continue".
This will load a record that matches your selected settings. If no record exists (records will be deleted from the Zapier list after a certain time), a demo record of the user "John Doe" will be loaded automatically.
16. click on "view your event" to see the loaded data
17. click on the "Continue" button in the lower right corner
18. click on "Your Zap currently lacks an Action step. Add one now!"
19. select the platform to which you want to set up a connection and complete the setup
VI) Important note
Zapier retrieves the data every 5 or 15 minutes, depending on the tariff selected. This means that data transmission may be delayed by up to 15 minutes. For this reason, it is best to use the Webinaris internal e-mail function to send the access data for the webinar.
VII) Alternative: Setting up triggers manually via HTTP universal interface
In some cases it may be necessary that triggers are not set up via the Webinaris app, but manually via the Webinaris HTTP Universal Interface. Please proceed as follows:
1. create a new Zap in Zapier
2. select "Webhooks" from the Built-In Apps.
3. select the option "Catch Hook"
4. Leave the setting for "Pick off a Child Key" empty and click "Continue".
5. click "Copy" to copy the Webhook URL to the clipboard.
6. open Webinaris and create the HTTP universal interface according to these instructions: HTTP Universal Interface
6a) Paste the webhook URL copied from Zapier in the URL field
6b) Add any parameters you would like to pass to Zapier. Use as parameter name (left column) any unique values and as content (right column) the corresponding placeholders, e.g:
6c) Save the HTTP universal interface settings
6d) Perform the action to trigger the Zapier webhook using a traditional webinar registration (Example: If you want to transfer the information about a double opt-in, please perform a double opt-in.)
6e) Wait 2-3 minutes
7. Switch back to Zapier and click "Ok, I did this".
8. Wait until Zapier finds the sample and click on the small arrow on the right side to expand the sample. Then check the contents to see if all the required data has been passed. (If no sample comes, Webinaris has not yet sent anything to Zapier. Then please check the settings and make sure that the corresponding event has already taken place.)
Zapier stores the individual contents with the preliminary remark "querystring__", e.g:
9. click on "Continue".
10. next, set up the action in Zapier according to your wishes.
VIII) Alternative to Zapier
Our HTML Universal Interface
allows you to connect many platforms that you could also connect via Zapier - but without additional costs for Zapier and with a significantly lower time delay. It is therefore advisable to check this option as well.